Transylvania County Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, age, handicap, marital or parental status in its activities, programs, or services.
Except as otherwise indicated, all applications for employment in both licensed and classified positions should be submitted online
Our vacancy listings are updated regularly to reflect current employment opportunities within the school district, so please check back periodically for updates!
Jeremy R. Gibbs
Director of Human Resources & Professional Development
The short video below will share just a glimpse of why Transylvania County is such a great place to be.
- All full-time, permanent teacher assistants and custodians hired on or after September 1, 2004 must hold bus driver certification within 90 days of employment.
- Starting pay for teacher assistants is $1,954 per month (10-month employment term). All full-time positions include benefits. To be eligible for hiring, teacher assistants must hold a minimum of an Associates Degree from an accredited college/community college/university.
- All applications for employment must be filed online. Prospective employees should submit an application for employment. Current employees of the school district who wish to be considered for a voluntary transfer of assignment into a vacant position should complete and submit an internal application/transfer form.
- Unless otherwise noted in specific vacancy announcements, all positions are open until filled. Applicants for employment should carefully note application deadlines where they are indicated. Application materials received after posted application deadlines will not be included in the screening process for advertised openings.
- In the spring of 2011, the UNC Center for School Leadership Development applied for a Transition to Teaching grant through the US Department of Education to fund a new program designed to recruit, prepare, support, and license recent non-education major college graduates and mid-career professionals to teach high-need subjects in high-need schools in North Carolina. The program, North Carolina Innovative Statewide Program to Improve the Recruitment of Educators (NC INSPIRE), was awarded a five year grant (award # U350B110012) in September of 2011. The first cohort of new teachers will be recruited for the 2012-2013 school year. As a proud partner of the UNC Center for School Leadership Development in this initiative, Transylvania County Schools invites you to learn more about NC INSPIRE by visiting the program website.